The idea of Integrated Care is simple: each person should know what the other is doing.
Specialists in practice and clinics achieve consensus more readily, making the treatment of the patient as effective as possible and preventing risks by, for instance, double examinations or medication interaction.
For us, however, Integrated Care means so much more.
Firstly, we link the public health approach with classical medical healthcare. Secondly, we bring together all major players in a region. This leads to the establishment of healthcare networks in which doctors, therapists and hospitals, as well as pharmacies, gyms, clubs, schools, businesses and local authorities, are involved. Our project Gesundes (“Healthy”) Kinzigtal GmbH is one of the leading managed care-systems in Germany (read more).
And, of particular importance to us: everything we do is evaluated.
Evaluation by university research institutes and our own healthcare research means that we can measure our success and ensure continuous improvement. Gesundes Kinzigtal, well-known throughout Germany, shows that our idea works (read more). And, not only there.
What makes our regional IC Model unique:
- Regional management company with participation by a network of doctors – they organize the integrated healthcare on site.
- Cross-sectoral healthcare, made possible by IT networking, including electronic patient records, case conferences, jointly developed clinical pathways etc.
- Healthcare management using healthcare programs, such as for patients with osteoporosis, high blood pressure or heart failure, and prevention programs for children and young families.
- Activation of those insured - through their involvement in treatment, therapeutic objective agreements, patient consultation.
- Targeted healthcare control – through efficient, standardized processing, collation and analysis of routine data from statutory health insurers, data from medical information systems and specially collected primary data.
- Scientific evaluation – assessment of success by experienced research institutes
- Innovative funding model with incentives – the achievement of those desirable health benefits which lead to improved contributions for the health insurance companies and combat financially motivated service extensions, are rewarded.
- Participation of regional players in the health network – clubs, schools, businesses and local authorities are involved.
- Corporate health management – support prevention and the promotion of health in businesses.
- Securing community-based healthcare – with the promotion program Practical Future for general practitioners and training support for other occupational groups
We work with committed medical networks, therapists and hospitals in numerous German regions an in the Netherlands (read more).
Are you a doctor, therapist, or do you represent a health insurance company, institution or authority? We can implement cross-sectoral integrated healthcare in your region too. Please contact us.