§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) The following information concerns the collection of personal data while using this website. Personal data are all data that can be personally related to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(3) When you contact us by email or using a contact form, the data you give us (your email address, your name and phone number if applicable) is stored by us in order to answer your question. When storage is no longer necessary, we will delete the applicable data or restrict the processing of it if legal retention requirements apply.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our web-based services, or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective processes, naming the defined criteria for storage duration.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us with regard to your personal data:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to refusal of processing,
- Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with a data protection authority.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you are only using the website for information and do not register or transmit information to us in any other way, we only collect the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and guarantee its stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the enquiry
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Quantity of data transferred in each case
- The website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your PC when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard drive in association with the browser you use and through which particular information is transmitted to the location setting the cookie (in this case by us). Cookies cannot run programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet presence more user-friendly and effective in general.
a) This website uses the following kinds of cookies, the scope and mode of operation of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. They save a so-called session ID that links different enquiries from your browser to a common session. This means that your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a set period, which can vary according to the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
(1) Matomo is an open source web analytics platform. Matomo is used to analyse the behaviour of the website visitors to identify potential pitfalls, not found pages, search engine indexing issues, which contents are the most appreciated, etc. Once the data is processed, Matomo is generating reports for website owners to take action, for example changing the layout of the pages, publishing some fresh content, etc.
(2) Matomo is processing the following personal data:
- Visit date and time;
- Title and URL of the page being viewed;
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page;
- Screen resolution;
- Time in local timezone;
- Files that were clicked and downloaded;
- Link clicks to an outside domain;
- Pages generation time;
- Country, region, city;
- Main Language of the browser;
- User Agent of the browser.
(3) Processing your personal data such as cookies is helping us identify what is working and what is not on our website. For example, it helps us identify if the way we are communicating is engaging or not and how we can organise the structure of the website better. Our team is benefiting from the processing of your personal data, and they are directly acting on the website. Without the data, we would not be able to provide you the service we are currently offering to you. Your data will be used only to improve the user experience on our website and help you find the information you are looking for.
(4) Matomo data is hosted in Germany. The personal data received through Matomo are sent to:
- The website operator OptiMedis AG, Burchardstraße 17, 20095 Hamburg, Germany;
- Our web hosting provider: Host Europe GmbH, Hansestraße 111, 51149 Köln.
(5) The processing of personal data with Matomo is based on legitimate interests. Therefore, you can exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: you can ask us at any time to access your personal data.
- Right to erasure: you can ask us at any time to delete all the personal data we are processing about you.
- Right to object: you can object to the tracking of your personal data by using the following opt-out feature:
(6) Matomo is not doing any profiling.
§ 4 Other functions and offers on our website
(1) As well as the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you may use if they interest you. To do so, you must generally provide further personal data, which we use in order to provide the respective service and to which the above-mentioned principles of data processing apply.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your data. They have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound to our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) We can also pass your personal data on to third parties if we offer special offer participation, lotteries, contract conclusions or similar services together with partners. You can find more information about this if you enter your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this in the description of the offer.
§ 5 MyOptiMedis
To access the login area of MyOptiMedis you need a username and password. To use the log-in prior registration is required with name, username, password and your e-mail address. The transmission path is https-encrypted
§ 6 Newsletter
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The goods and services purchased are named in the declaration of consent.
(2) To register for our newsletter, we use the so-called double-opt-in process. This means that after you register, we send an email to the email address you gave asking for confirmation that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within [24 hours], your information is locked and automatically deleted after a month. In addition, we save the IP addresses you used and the times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the process is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to investigate possible misuse of your personal information.
(3) The only obligatory information for transmission of the newsletter is your email address. [Provision of other, separately marked data is voluntary and is used in order to contact you personally.] After your confirmation, we store your email address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
§ 7 Revocation or withdrawal of consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have agreed to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. After you have pronounced it to us, the revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal information on consideration of interests, you can revoke your consent to processing. This is the case, in particular, if processing is not necessary for fulfilment of a contract with you, which is always outlined by us in the subsequent description of the functions. When exercising the right of revocation, we ask you to cite the reasons why we should not process your personal information as we have previously done. In the case of a justified revocation, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust the data processing or convey to you our protection-worthy and necessary reasons for continuing the processing.
§ 8 Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media links: Twitter, XING, LinkedIn.
(2) We have no influence on the data captured or the data processing procedures, nor do we know the entire scope of data collection, the purpose of processing or the retention periods. We also have no information about the deletion of the collected data by the linked provider.
(3) You can find more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider in their data protection statements, which are given below. You can also find further information there on your rights in this regard and the setting options to protect your privacy.
(4) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URLs with their data protection notices:
a) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
c) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has committed to the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.